Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Tip of the Week: Toastmaster duties
Being Toastmaster for a meeting is a fun, rewarding role! There is a little preparation to do before the meeting and one follow-up after the meeting in addition to the in-meeting duties of the Toastmaster. The list below summarizes the Toastmaster’s duties.
Toastmaster duties before the meeting:
· Contact the speakers and obtain speech title & length and any info to relate in the introduction of the speaker.
· Make sure all roles are filled – check the duty roster and confirm that people with roles are attending the meeting.
· Prepare remarks relative to the theme of the week.
· Prepare and print out copies of the meeting agenda (template is attached).
Toastmaster duties in the minutes before the meeting:
· Arrive early to the meeting to help set up the room and distribute the agendas and voting sheets.
· Welcome guests in person.
· If people with roles are not present by noon, find a replacement for their role.
Toastmaster duties during the meeting:
· Have an officer (Club president Ania, if she is present) start the meeting on time at 12:00 noon.