Friday, December 9, 2011
December always seem to be busy at work and at home. If you can't make your role next week, please email the group as soon as you know, so we will have time to fill your role. Don’t forget to go on to the Duty Roster and remove your name. And don’t forget to relax, spend time with friends and family, and enjoy this festive month!
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Monday, December 5, 2011
If you joined Toastmasters as a new member in the last year and a half, you received two manuals in the mail – the Competent Communicator manual and the Competent Leader manual. You are likely very familiar with the CC manual. But have you looked through the CL manual? It is easy to work through the CL manual and get your Toastmasters CL award – all you have to do is bring the manual to our meetings and give it to someone to evaluate your performance in your regular meeting role. It’s really that simple! About 90% of the projects in the CL manual are for normal meeting roles that you typically fill each meeting. You will also get the benefit of learning the basic facets of leadership – including critical thinking, giving feedback, time management, mentoring, motivating people, and team building. In addition, by obtaining your CL award you will be helping the club meet its educational goals!
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Hello Fellow Toastmasters!
- Do you want to learn how to givebetter presentations?
- Do you want to learn how to keep an audience awake when you are teaching them something?
- Do you want to know some tips and tricks to teaching adult audiences?
- Do you want to be a District 7 Certified Presenter/Teacher so that you can present at conferences?
If you answered YES! to any of the above questions, you are in luck because you have a wonderful opportunity to transform yourself from Speaker to Trainer! District 7 is, once again, offering a 4-hour workshop that will put additional tools in your teaching toolbox.
The next session is scheduled for:
Date: Saturday, December 10, 2011
Location: Marylhurst University, VM Hemlock Room
Course Objectives - At the completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the five steps involved in preparing and conducting a training program
- Know how to facilitate discussions and
- How to use various visual aids to enhance your presentations
- How to present an effective training program
Seating is limited! Please contact Phyllis A. Harmon asap to reserve your seat!