Monday, May 9, 2011

A “Who….Me?” About our New Member, Chris Trappe

Hi, my name is Christine Trappe (Trap-pee), but I use Chris most often. I joined Toastmasters over 7 years ago - as one of the founding members of a brand new club formed in Beaverton.  Starting a club up is an incredible experience, and we all were passionately driven to do really well that first year!! Since then I have achieved my CTM, and fully credit TM with a renewed self-confidence during such activities like job interviews.

Much of my life has been in technical positions that required concise speech, and communication skills, and TM has also strongly helped with that. Finally last year, I was able to fulfill a lifelong dream of doing a stand-up comedy routine - and although I doubt I'll ever do that again, simply having the wherewithal to get up in front of a crowd and perform was one of the highlights of my life. Interestingly, I have also had the opportunity to MC a large fund raising event with a local car club - and hope to be able to do so soon again. From someone who was afraid to talk assertively, to someone doing stand-up comedy, makes me amazed at the progress I've achieved and will hope to continue to achieve with the aid of Toastmasters.

Personally, I'm a woman of many many interests, including writing, painting, sculpture, philosophy, geology, baking, candy making, jewelry making, movies, auto racing... yes I said auto racing! But that's JUST one topic of content for many many future speeches!!! :)

By Chris Trappe

No comments:

Post a Comment