Friday, January 6, 2012
Tip of the Week: The Toastmaster Role
This is an oldie, but a goodie! Our club has many new members, and they have been rocking the Toastmaster role! For a little refresher, here is a summary of the duties of the Toastmaster, before, during, and after the meeting. I also have attached an agenda template for the Toastmaster of the week to use in creating the meeting agenda.
Toastmaster duties before the meeting:
· Contact the speakers and obtain speech title & length and any info to relate in the introduction of the speaker.
· Make sure all roles are filled – check the duty roster and confirm that people with roles are attending the meeting.
· Prepare remarks relative to the theme of the week.
· Prepare and print out copies of the meeting agenda.
Toastmaster duties in the minutes before the meeting:
· Arrive early to the meeting to help set up the room and distribute the agendas and voting sheets.
· Welcome guests in person and collect their contact information.
· If people with roles are not present by noon, work with the General Evaluator to find a replacement for their role.
Toastmaster duties during the meeting:
· Have the Club President (currently Ania) or another present officer start the meeting on time at 12:00 noon, and wrap up the meeting just before 1:00.
Toastmaster duties after the meeting:
· Visit with guests and gauge their interest in joining Electric Toasters.
· If the VP-Education (currently Jason) isn’t present, email him/her the revised list of roles for the day. This information is used in the creation of future schedules.